Welcome to St Edward’s School
St Edward’s is a special school providing care and education for boys who experience behavioural, emotional and social difficulties (BESD).
Age range: 9 to 18 years. (National Curriculum Years 4 to 13)
Type of Placements: Day and Residential, Monday to Friday, 38 Week.
St Edward’s School is primarily a BESD provision. We cater for pupils with a range of needs including:
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) (a sub-type of ADHD)
• Asperger’s Syndrome (High level functioning)
• Autism (ASD) (where BESD is the primary need)
• Conduct Disorder (CD)
• Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
• Speech and Language Difficulties.
Pupils are typically referred to us and funded by Local Authorities.
St Edward’s School is a Charitable Trust, Charity Number: 229685