This service forms part of the PSHE programme for Year 10 pupils;
- Pupils are provided with relevant information aiming to increase their awareness with regard to the issues surrounding drugs and alcohol.
- Pupils engage in group discussions and participate in practical learning.
- Pupils are provided with handouts for their input and views. These handouts form part of their individual folders, along with additional educational information.
- Pupils obtain a certificate in basic first aid awareness and casualty care.
The topics covered include;
- Real life accounts / experiences of drugs, alcohol and solvent use
- Pupils’ experiences of drugs, alcohol and solvent use
- Different types of drugs; how they are made, what they contain, effects and risks
- The law on drugs
- Precautionary measures
- Additional help / advice available
- Emergency procedures and basic first aid awareness.
We are also able to offer 1:1 meetings for pupils who may be causing concern with regard to their involvement with drugs and alcohol.
Therapeutic Services Team